Writing to you all from Arequipa Peru! I am here for a week working with a lovely collective of ladies and my good friend Patricia Arfinengo on our new products for 2020! SO exciting! Before that I was in Lima with the amazing Milagros, whose team makes all of our sweaters, hoodies, and soon to come… Cardigans 😊!
With this Leap Year, (which has me consistently messing up my schedule because I am not used to it’s existence), I came to thinking… The next time this comes around will be 2024! Campo got started 2 years ago and it seems like such a long time ago and a short time ago at the same time. Where will we be in 2024? Where do I want us to be in 2024?
Reflecting backwards and looking forwards…
- I want Campo to have grown 3-4x over
- I want to have found investors that believe in our missions and our products
- I want to have expanded to other schools or brands to share our product line
- Expand to other countries!
Here’s what I KNOW
- Ethical fashion and fair trade is the way. My goal: Fair trade isn’t even a “thing” anymore, because all businesses function this way
- Commerce can be a fantastic driving force to build communities in developing communities – It’s a responsibility to do this
- ALPACA is an amazing fiber – We hope to bring it to the consumers among other great materials and sustainable products!
I am so happy and grateful to be on this journey that let’s me learn, meet new people, and create new exciting products. Here’s to the next 4 years!