- Fair Prices: Fair trade guarantees that producers receive fair compensation for their products, helping to alleviate poverty and promote economic sustainability.
- Workers' Rights: Fair trade emphasizes safe working environments, reasonable hours, and prohibits child labor.
- Community Development: Fair trade promotes community development by investing in education, healthcare, and infrastructure projects.
- Environmental Sustainability: Fair trade encourages environmentally friendly practices, such as organic farming and minimizing chemical use.
- Human Rights: Ethical practices prioritize the well-beingand rights of all individuals involved in the supply chain, including workers, communities, and consumers.
- Transparency: Ethical brands are transparent about their sourcing, manufacturing processes, and the impact of their operations on people and the planet.
- Animal Welfare: Ethical practices often extend to ensuring the humane treatment of animals involved in the production of goods.
- Social Impact: Ethical brands actively engage in social initiatives, supporting causes like education, gender equality, or community development.
Sustainable: Sustainability focuses on minimizing negative environmental impacts and ensuring the long-term viability of resources. Key elements of sustainable practices include:
- Environmental Stewardship: Sustainable approaches aim to reduce carbon footprints, conserve resources, and protect biodiversity.
- Circular Economy: Sustainable practices promote recycling, upcycling, and reducing waste by designing products and processes with longevity and resource efficiency in mind.
- Renewable Energy: Embracing clean energy sources and reducing reliance on fossil fuels is a vital aspect of sustainable practices.
- Life Cycle Assessment: Sustainable brands evaluate the entire life cycle of a product, from sourcing to disposal, to minimize environmental harm.
Now, how are some ways CAMPO exemplify these three?
As a company, we employ artisans and artisan cooperatives in Peru. We pay our workers fair prices and give them the opportunity to work from their homes on their own schedule, all while helping grow their communities.
We donate a portion of all proceeds to Chaska Collective, a NPO that works to educate young girls in Cusco, Peru and give them a greater chance at life.
We make our artisans known through sharing their photos and stories. You'll even see the alpacas, whom of which are cared for as family.
Finally, alpacas themselves are very environmentally friendly and products made from their fiber are designed to last.
We are proud to be a company that stands for social good, one stich at a time. Fair trade, ethical, and sustainable practices are what make the world go round and we thank you for being a part of our journey.